Twin Group is looking for a Senior Teacher to join our English Centre located in Greenwich, London. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to take the next step in their career and advance their professional development.
It is a face-to-face position, Monday to Friday (9:00 - 17:00) and when needed (8:30 - 16:30) with up to 27 hours of teaching per week.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Teaches English as a foreign language using the communicative method and project work enabling students to practise and improve the four basic language skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing; with a focus on real-life communication. Grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary and discourse all play an important part in the course. In every lesson students are encouraged to communicate with each other using the target structures and vocabulary. The Senior Teacher also works with the Academic Manager to ensure that teaching quality is monitored and school administration is completed to a high standard.
- More than three years’ full time teaching experience including some with young learners
- Necessary experience to undertake responsibility for groups of students aged 10- 18 years old
- Experience working in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Experience working as part of a team
- IT literate Desirable, but not essential
- Be familiar with the courses the school offers and its syllabus.
- Teach up to 27 hours a week including juniors and specialist courses, expect at exceptionally busy times
- Prepare lessons efficiently in order to conduct them competently incorporating technology. Lesson planning should cater to the needs of individuals in the class, based on individual learning plans or mini class profiles.
- Prepare arrivals and departure lists and update weekly registers.
- Assist in first day testing, conducting Individual Learning Plans, placement of students on the database (CLASS), and induction procedures.
- Manage students’ levels in consultation with the Academic Manager.
- Set and mark daily homework including written assignments on TeL once a week appropriate to the needs of the class.
- Conduct monthly student tutorials and record agreed goals on TeL.
- Administer weekly tests on Twin e- Learning and monitor students’ progress using the class dashboard on TeL. General Data Overview of the role Responsibilities Human Resources FORM HR JDT 01 2023 The company reserves the right to vary or amend the functions and responsibilities of the post holder according to the needs of the Company’s business.
- Use Twin e-Learning (TeL) to view students’ placement test results and individual learning plans, complete the weekly calendar templates and share with students, set and mark homework, record and view tutorial records and progress test results, and complete leavers’ reports
- Monitor and record students’ attendance, and report any junior absences after 15 minutes
- Assist with the long-term procedures (counselling session, and exit test and interview) as required
- Be involved in the school’s observation (both by the Academic Manager and peer observations) and performance programme including appraisals
- Support teachers in teaching and admin matters and substitute for them in case of their absence, as agreed with the Academic Manager
- Plan and deliver teacher development workshops
- Design and prepare syllabuses and bespoke courses
- Deal with group leaders, students and teachers’ requests, queries and complaints
- Assist with exam enrolments if needed.
- Prepare purchase orders, order books and update resources inventory
- Cover Academic Manager/ Student Services positions in case of absence.
- Keep the office, teachers’ room, classrooms and resources organised and tidy
- Be familiar with and help promote the weekly Social Programme
- Abide by the copyright rules and always source material before photocopying.
- Abide by the health and safety standards and procedures, and ensure high levels of student safety and welfare
- Report any safeguarding or health and safety concerns immediately.
- Support with UKVI and Accreditation UK compliance
- Any other reasonable/appropriate duties
- Essential - First Degree + DELTA, Masters in EFL or TESOL or equivalent