Posted on 2023-05-04
Job Title: Skills Development Coach Apprenticeships Health and Social Care
Reports to: H&SC Manager
Location: Home Based role based near Maidstone, Kent, with regional travel as required.
Salary: £28000 annually
The successful candidate will deliver Health and Social Care Apprenticeship Standards up to level 5 to individuals employed across Levy and Non-Levy paying employers. You will need experience of providing a varied programme of delivery in line with the required programme/qualification specifications. You will need to offer an integrated and highly effective programme of teaching, training, coaching and assessment to meet the needs of employers and learners. You will exceed the standards set by awarding bodies or end point assessment organisations and ensure timely achievement of learner key milestones and qualifications as per organisational and regulatory KPIs.
Programme delivery will be through a combination of one to one, face to face and remote visits, and will also include group teaching and learning sessions including periodic masterclasses.
Travel will be regional depending on need.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Engagement with employers and learners to deliver high quality teaching and learning programmes.
Meeting KPIs set for starts, progression, timely achievement, leavers and customer satisfaction in line with quality, compliance and financial targets.
Deliver qualifications across a range of programmes where occupationally competent, in accordance with quality processes and in line with the eTraining continuous improvement strategy.
Maintain a caseload of learners delivering Health and Social Care programmes including any Functional Skills reforms up to level 2 in English and Maths.
Ensure programmes meet the needs of employers, ensuring a bespoke curriculum so that learners develop new skills, knowledge and behaviours which impact positively for the employer and its business outcomes.
Be proficient in the use of electronic portfolio systems to record learner interventions, reviews, upload work and all required off the job training, maintaining learner information, ensuring quality and integrity of data which is accurately recorded and submitted efficiently to regulatory requirements.
Ensure learners receive appropriate and individualised support, tailoring support as necessary to meet individual needs, promoting an equal opportunity to progress as well as any other learner.
Implement and use a range of tools, techniques, resources and learning strategies tailored to learner’s individual needs – supporting them throughout their learner journey towards successful achievement and completion of qualifications.
Use the eTraining High Outcome Routeway Plan to support learners to achieve the highest pass possible in EPA, raising aspiration at every stage of the learner journey.
Work collaboratively with all teams to continuously improve and innovate the quality of delivery across all programmes.
Participate in Team, standardisation, quality, curriculum review and AO/EPA verifier meetings.
Participate in all ongoing self assessment activity, continually identifying areas for improvement and celebrating successes.
Maintain own CPD and occupational competence by participating in staff training, back to the floor days and extension training programmes.
Contribute to the ongoing growth of Apprenticeship delivery sourcing and sharing starts, supporting progressions between levels and being accountable for the ongoing development of sector areas, contributing to organisational and team KPIs, whilst meeting individual role KPIs.
Ensure all quality and compliance processes are fully adhered to mitigate risks to funding, achievement rates and employer, learner satisfaction.
To undertake any further training as identified by eTraining and Twin.
Person Specification: (E=Essential D=Desirable)
SKILLS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Technical competency (qualifications and training)
· L5 Leadership and Management in Social Care (E)
· D32/33/A1/TAQA or equivalent training/assessment related qualification (E)
· At least a L4 Teaching qualification (E)
· L2 or equivalent in Functional Skills Maths, English & ICT (E)
· Experience and knowledge of delivering H&SC Apprenticeship standards up to level 5 (E)
· Experience and knowledge of training and/or assessment delivery (E)
· Experience in the delivery Maths and English (E)
· Experience of teaching within Education establishments (E)
· Experience and knowledge of Government Funding streams (D)
Skills and Attributes
· Demonstrate up to date occupational competence (E)
· Self-management. Effective management of workload and caseload (E)
· Relationship management. Develop and maintain productive relationships with your Team, Management, Learners and all key stakeholders (E)
· Customer and Employer focused – committed to understanding learner aspirations, supporting learner and employer needs (E)
· Knowledge and understanding of appropriate quality and compliance frameworks e.g. Education Inspection Framework and Matrix (D)
· Proven ability in project planning and meeting time, cost and quality targets (D) · Able to monitor and maintain records (E)
· Competent in use of IT including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to intermediate user level (E)
· Working knowledge of all relevant legislation (E)
· Able to ensure contractual compliance and provide financial and performance information to agreed specification (D)
Personal qualities, communicating and relating to others
· Strong awareness and proactive approach to Health & Safety issues (E)
· Skilled in Customer and Employer liaison (E)
· Be able to display an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults. (E)
· This post requires a Disclosure and Barring Service Check at an enhanced level (E)
· Have an understanding of and be able to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity. (E)
· Willingness to travel across a geographical area as required. (E)
· Geographically able to work with learners in a required area (E)